Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Keep on Crushin'

Earlier this week I asked a friend, who's also a professional writer, to take a look at my blog and offer some feedback.  The text message I received shortly afterwards wasn't quite what was I expecting.


Nevertheless, I'm not ashamed to say that my blog post is responsible for a Candy Crush Convert!
Of course, I picked up my tablet and started started playing Candy Crush shortly after receiving that text message.  Upon failing the level (I've been stuck for a few days now), I discovered that Candy Crush was running a "Live Forever" offer--sure to entice the sugar-rush-glazed-eyes of twitchy-fingered Candy Crushing addicts everywhere. 
You'll need some real sugar to make the most of your unlimited 2 hours of free lives!
Even though I had to read the ad twice to understand just what you could get (unlimited lives to candy crush to one's heart's content)...this just might be the ultimate Candy Crusher's dream.  No more paying for a few extra lives.  No more waiting 30 minutes for one more measly life, barely enough to sustain you through a game that only lasts a few minutes.  For at least a little while, a reprieve from sending messages to Facebook friends and acquaintances begging for them to throw you a life.  And, of course, no more setting your clock forward to get a few more lives...for the cost of a dollar store treat, now you can play Candy Crush nonstop for two hours!

The only other mobile app game I've played was Angry Birds, and even that didn't hold my attention for nearly as long as Candy Crush.  What's the sticky recipe that makes Candy Crush so hard to put down?  Will King be able to come up with something even close to as viral?

And how much time (and money) have you or your loved ones spent on this game?
If you feel like you or a loved one needs help in battling their Candy Crush addictions, check out these resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment